Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome to my blog

Nearly a year ago, when God moved us from our current place of ministry and onto something bigger and better for my little family, I never imagined I would be where I am today.

I thought I would be serving at a growing church booming with excitement and passion.

I thought I would be making deep lasting relationships with students and watching as the Lord transformed one life after another.

I thought I would be taking my kids to Summer camp and planning for our Fall schedule.

I thought I would be attending weekly staff meetings and working as a team with pastors of kindred spirits.

I can honestly say, I never thought I would be here. But it is exactly where I am suppose to be.

God has me exactly in the palm of His hands. Exactly in the ministry He has called me to. Exactly in His will, and there is no other place I would rather be.

In the past year, I have had opportunities to make an impact in areas beyond my imagination. I have spoken at an array of churches to students from all different backgrounds and walks of life. I have watched a group of inner-city students walk into a church building because of "free pizza" and walk out with Jesus in their hearts and new Bible in their hand. I have watched those same students begin a revival as they have taken their new relationship with Christ and shared it with others. I have watched the Lord do unthinkably more than I could have ever imagined. And I have watched the Lord stretch and grow me into a more efficient tool in his hands.

I have learned more about myself and more about who I am in Christ in the past twelve months that I ever have before. And while I am readying myself for what God has next for me and my family, I pray that I remain teachable. I pray that God continues to use me in ways outside of my own thinking. I pray that I would never become comfortable with the ministry God has blessed me with but that I would always be looking to expand my borders. I pray that I would always be looking for life change. I pray that I would always be willing. I pray that I will always be ready.

So ready I will be.

It is my desire that this blog be a resource and a journal containing my ideas about ministry and my ever-changing strategies of reaching the next generation. May God always keep my heart in the right place and my mind on things above. May I always be willing and ready for what lies ahead.

No comments: